- The last few decades have seen a huge growth in interest in photography, with Art photography now recognised as central to the development of modern and contemporary art.
- Within this book David Bate introduces the major themes from the earliest days of photography in the 1830s to the present day.
- The reader is able to examine the many ways in which photography and art have intersected.
- Art photography has become global, vibrant and diverse and this is shown from pictorialism and documentary to archives, narratives and conceptual uses of photography.
- This is an essential introductory guide from one of the leading writers in the field for students, gallery-goers and all those interested in photography.
- Paperback, 160 pages.