Design as Art
- An illustrated journey into the artistic possibilities of modern design translated by Patrick Creagh and published as part of the 'Penguin on Design' series in Penguin Modern Classics.
- Bruno Munari was among the most inspirational designers of all time, he was described by Picasso as 'the new Leonardo'.
- Munari insisted that design should be beautiful, functional and accessible.
- It is within this book that his ideas are set out about visual, graphic and industrial design looking at how it plays a role in objects we use everyday.
- He turns his illuminating gaze to lamps, road signs, typography, advertising and more.
- This book will enlighten the reader to think; how do we see the world around us?
- Paperback, 224 pages