The Story of Design
- Design is a multi-disciplined approach to problem-solving that has always uniquely reflected humankind's aspirations, needs and desires. It has both shaped and mirrored the spirit of our times. The Story of Design is a fascinating multi-stranded account that is truly comprehensive in its scope, introducing the styles, movements, theories, materials, processes, technologies, leading practitioners and companies that have shaped modern design into what it is today.
- Contextualizing developments in design with regard to wider social, cultural and political matters, this is an indispensable overview of creative endeavour in the pursuit of the better-designed product.
- Through exquisite illustrations and authoritative text, this definitive account studies the foundations of design practice from its earliest inception and defines the major themes that have guided this discipline from the from the prehistoric era to the Ancient world, from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance to the Industrial Revolution and Modern Movement to our own Digital Age.
- Leading design historians Charlotte and Peter Fiell, through careful analysis of the evolution of modern design, uncover the real importance of this unique yet all-encompassing creative activity and assess its crucial future role in society.
- Hardcover: 512 pages
- Language: English
- Product Dimensions: 19.1 x 4 x 25.2 cm