War and Peace (Vintage Classic Russians Series)
- From sophisticated Moscow soirees to breathless troika rides through the snow, from the bloody front line at Austerlitz to a wife’s death in childbirth, Tolstoy conjures a broad panorama of rich, messy, beautiful and debased human life. We follow the fates of open-hearted, impulsive Pierre Bezukhov, his melancholy friend Prince Andrei and the enchanting Natasha Rostov, as history and fiction are combined in one of the wisest and most enthralling novels ever written.
- War and Peace is rich, wise, constantly surprising, heart-breaking and hugely rewarding. When you reach the end, you’ll be amazed by how much you'll want to begin all over again.
- This edition of War and Peace is part of the Vintage Classic Russians Series: published for the 100th anniversary of the 1917 Russian Revolution. The book is beautifully designed and is one of six epic masterpieces that have survived controversy, censorship and suppression to influence decades of thought and artistic expression.
- Dimensions: 15.3 x 21.6 x 5.5cm
- 1296 pages
- Translated by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky