Mexican Vegetarian Cookbook
- An essential guide to vibrant, vegetarian Mexican home cooking, including naturally vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free dishes – with more than 400 authentic everyday recipes for the home cook.
Vegetarian food is deeply woven into Mexico's diverse culinary history. In this blockbuster recipe collection from the bestselling author of Mexico: The Cookbook, home cooks will discover delicious traditional and modern dishes made with corn, beans, spices, and the incredible bounty of fruit, vegetables, legumes, seeds, and edible flowers grown across Mexico.
- Includes accessible ingredients and recipes achievable for cooks of all skill levels.
Chapters and recipes include:
- Breakfasts : Huevos Ahogados, Oaxacan Mushroom Turnovers
- Lunches : Pasilla Chiles Stuffed with Beans and Wrapped in Plantain, Vegetarian Ceviche
- Snacks (Botanas y Antojitos) : Pickled Jalapeños
- Salads and Sides : Potato Salad with Watercress and Avocado
- Soups : Mexican Corn Soup
- Entradas : Watermelon and Tequila Jicama Salad
- Platos Fuertes : Ancho Chiles Stuffed with Vegetable Tamal
- Pulses : White Bean Salad with Vegetables
- Desserts : Mango Tarte Tatin, Quick Flourless Chocolate and Pecan Cake
- Breads : Goat Cheese and Zucchini Bread
- Drinks : Watermelon and Strawberry Cooler
- Basics : Corn Tortillas
- Moles, Sauces, and Marinades (Moles, Salsas, y Adobos) : Spicy Adobo