New Kintsugi repair kit - gold
- Kintsugi or "golden joinery" is an old Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with gold. By mending broken objects with a precious materials like gold, the marks and scars of the item are emphasised, giving it a new perspective, character and beauty while offering it a renewed longevity
- The New Kintsugi Repair Kit combines this lovely old technique with new technology for an ever so slightly more modern take on repairing broken heirlooms and essential accessories
The New Kintsugi Repair Kit formula works with ceramics and other hard materials such as glass, wood, marble or hard plastics
- A single New Kintsugi Repair Kit can be used multiple times to fix up to 10 items*
- 48 hours until pieces are fully set and object is ready to use again
- The New Kintsugi Repair Kit contains:
A step by step manual // Bison epoxy fast glue, 24ml // Bison epoxy putty // 4g gold powder // Paint brush // Gloves // Bamboo mixing sticks
*may vary depending on the size of item and number of breaks
IS KINTSUGI KIT FOOD SAFE?
The Humade Kintsugi Kit from YŌNOBI is food safe for a max temperature of 100 degrees celsius. If the repaired porcelain is heated above 100 degrees, the heat can melt the materials. So, to keep your porcelain food safe, do not pour hot tea water directly into a cup mended using our kintsugi kit.
Do not use the porcelain repaired in oven or microwave, but handle it with care and wash each item by hand.
This product can be used multiple times and replaces single use plastics and disposables.
We got the kit mainly to provide a creative fix solution for a bathroom sink crack that we had not been able to get sorted for years! Very happy with the results. Have also sorted a mug, plate a bowl, all with chips. The kit was easy to use with good instructions. There is enough material to fix the chips and cracks in a lot more items!
Being Mr Clumsy I've managed to break quite a few sentimental pottery items around the house. Repairing with this kit really gives them a touch of magic once repaired, far more magical that superglue. Perfect for a rainy Sunday afternoon - pop the radio on, get those broken cups and bowls out, and let the magic begin!
Great kit….first time I’ve used this/attempted this method. Great instructions, easy and I achieved really pleasing results.
Only Q is the combo of glue and gold dust food safe?
Good kit. Special element is the gold powder which is good and plenty of it.
Resin standard 2 part srynge and other stuff ok.
Have mended 3 ceramic pieces and look great.