Fantastic Footballers: 40 Inspiring Icons
- The greatest goals... the most spectacular saves... the 40 most inspiring football stars of all time are here! In this fun, fact-packed book from the 40 Inspiring Icons series, learn how these footballers became the best in the field
- Relive Cristiano Ronaldo's most memorable moments, learn about Messi's legendary left foot, meet the youngest-ever World Cup goal scorer, Pele, and see some of the most impressive saves in history. From Alfredo Di Stefano, the prolific centre forward who was the Spanish league's top scorer in five separate seasons, to the unstoppable Ada Hegerberg, whose speed, power and touch on the ball have made her the queen of the pitch, these are the 40 footballers to be learned about by all: Alfredo Di Stefano; Ferenc Puskas; Lev Yashin; Garrincha; Pele; Eusebio; Franz Beckenbauer; George Best; Johan Cruyff; Cha Bum-Kun; Michel Platini; Diego Maradona; Marco van Basten; George Weah; Paolo Maldini; Zinedine Zidane; David Beckham; Didier Drogba; Gianluigi Buffon; Samuel Eto'o; Zlatan Ibrahimovic; Andres Iniesta; Cristiano Ronaldo; Luka Modric; Manuel Neuer; Sergio Ramos; Lionel Messi; Eden Hazard; Antoine Griezmann; N'Golo Kante; Neymar; Mohamed Salah; Paul Pogba; Kylian Mbappe; Mia Hamm; Megan Rapinoe; Marta; Amandine Henry; Ada Hegerberg
- Each spread presents a single football legend, highlighting key facts about their careers, honours, stats and legendary plays, along with a fun, illustrated depiction of them that calls out elements of their uniform and playing style
- Every player is a winner in their own way, but who will you choose as your hero?
- Each book in the 40 Inspiring Icons series introduces readers to a fascinating non-fiction subject through its 40 most famous people or groups. Explore these other great topics through their most interesting icons: People of Peace, Super Scientists, Music Legends, Black Music Greats and Greek Gods and Heroes.