SALE – Save 27%
Amy Winehouse: Beyond Black
- The accompanying text to Amy: Beyond The Stage Exhibition
- The definitive story of Amy Winehouse’s life and career told through key photographs, memorabilia and recollections by those who knew her best. Curated by Amy’s stylist and close friend Naomi Parry
- Amy Winehouse left an indelible mark on both the music industry and pop culture with her soulful voice and bold 60s-inspired aesthetic. Featuring stories and anecdotes from a wide range of characters connected to Amy, specially commissioned photography of memorabilia, styled and dressed themed sets incorporating Amy’s clothing, possessions and lyrics, and previously unseen archival images, this volume presents an intimate portrait that celebrates Amy's creative legacy
- Interspersed throughout are personal reflections on Amy’s life and work, provided by her friends, colleagues and fans. These include Ronnie Spector, Vivienne Westwood, Bryan Adams, Little Simz, Carl Barât, close friend Catriona Gourlay, Douglas Charles-Ridler (owner of the Hawley Arms), tattooist Henry Hate, goddaughter Dionne Broomfield and DJ Bioux. Each one has a personal story to share and together their anecdotes and reflections build into a complex picture of a much admired but troubled star. Vice Culture Editor Emma Garland puts these insights into context with an introduction that highlights the principal events and achievements in Amy’s life and work, and the key characters that played a part in it
- Organised broadly chronologically, the book features newly shot lyric sheets, sketches and ephemera together with contextual photographs and video stills, including album, single and promotional artworks and outtakes. Punctuating the story are photographs of dressed room sets each created, designed and styled especially for the book by Naomi Parry to evoke a period or aspect of Amy’s life or personality, incorporating Amy’s clothing, possessions, lyrics and other memorabilia.
- With kind support from the Winehouse family