Being Hear: A book about being present and listening
- Being Hear charts a multi-sensory exploration of what it means to be present and our ability to listen to each other and the world in modern technological times. It was created as a response to observed behaviours and questions about the effects of technology by graphic designer Scott Boms and illustrator Fuchsia MacAree for the Analog Research Lab at Facebook
- Features more than 70 curious and delightful original illustrations that draw from a distinct geographic influence and reflect the journey the authors went on during the book’s creation, along with essays, connected narratives that reward readers for their attentiveness, and interactive activities
- Construct a paper record player, tune out the visual world with a buildable mask, learn more about someone, and more
- This book may make you want to find a quiet place to ask: what does it really mean to listen?
- Exclusive to the Design Museum Shop