Blackwing Matte • Soft Graphite Pencil
- Matte black finish (Palomino Blackwing).
- Soft graphite.
- Iconic square Blackwing ferrule with a black eraser.
- Ideal for musicians, woodworkers and anyone who prefer a soft, dark line, the Blackwing Matte is the softest of the four core Blackwing models.
- Crafted with California Incense-cedar and Japanese Graphite.
- Iconic design and replaceable eraser.
- Made in Japan.
- Pencils sold individually - Box not included
THE BLACKWING STORY
Blackwing pencils were used by award-winning creators throughout the 20th century. Despite a cult following, Blackwing pencils fell victim to cost cutting measures in the 1990s and were discontinued, but not forgotten. Analog-minded devotees began paying as much as $40 for a single pencil.
California Cedar Products Company acquired the brand in 2010, bringing Blackwing pencils back for a growing culture of artists, musicians, and everyday people who value craftsmanship, looking to unplug and live mindfully.