Bocca Lips Sofa - Exhibition Ex-Display
- For collection from the Design Museum only
- The unmistakable Bocca Sofa was created by the radical Italian design team Studio 65 for the famed Italian manufacturers Gufram back in 1972. Based on an original design by none other than arch-Surrealist Salvador Dali, who took Mae West as his inspiration, Studio 65 looked to that other iconic beauty, Marilyn Monroe, to create this famous sofa
- Both Studio 65 and Gufram are known for being places where the art world and design world collided, and their kaleidoscopic fusion of pop art, conceptual art and modernist design reached their zenith with this piece
- The voluptuous Bocca Sofa has gone down as a design classic, the perfect blend of playfulness and serious design. It goes without saying that it's a statement piece, as this sofa would dominate the design scheme of any living room
- At a sizeable 212cm wide, it will comfortably seat three, and despite its arty background it retains excellent functionality, being both extremely comfortable and solid
- A guaranteed conversation starter, this is a sofa that expresses a bold personality
- Please note: this is an ex-display item from the Home Futures Exhibition and as such as some minor marking on the cover from handling. The cover can be removed and dry cleaned.