Brian Eno: Ambient 4: On Land (1LP)
- Brian's ambient album from 1982. Unlike most of Brian Eno's conceptually unified ambient projects, Ambient 4: On Land is something of a patchwork
- Recorded in six studios between 1978 and 1982, the eight pieces - ranging between three to nine minutes in length - are a curious mixture of solo works for treated instruments and full-fledged collaborations
- Lizard Point is the standout, with the synthesizer, bass, and guitar of material's Michael Beinhorn, Bill Laswell, and Axel Gros providing a denser and more varied musical backing than most of Eno's ambient works. Shadow, a duet with trumpeter Jon Hassell, introduces a world music element similar to their fourth world one: possible musics duet album, and Dunwich Beach, Autumn 1960 introduces guitarist Michael Brook and multi-instrumentalist / co-producer Daniel Lanois, who became one of Eno's most valuable collaborators throughout the '80s
- The solo pieces refine ideas first explored on earlier ambient works, though with greater subtlety and increased tonal colour
- Standard Version. Cut at Abbey Road Studios at 33RPM and pressed on 180 Gram Black Heavyweight Vinyl and Download.