Dotted Visuals: Polka Dots in Contemporary Graphic Design
- Dotted Visuals selects the most innovative work of recent years featuring the humble polka dot in the fields of art, design and fashion.
- An elemental unit of design in the universe, the dot has an aesthetic appeal that is perhaps part instinctual and part referential as virtually everything found from the micro to the macro level is based on this simple form.
- Its prevalent presence in the fashion industry, graphic design and space design speaks volumes about its irreplaceable role in the creative world.
- The publication tries to illustrate the charm of dots by displaying brilliant graphic design projects from around the world. The projects featured stand out for their distinctly stylish traits and the designers’ imaginations and innovations.
- Spare yet elegant, its use continues to appeal to designers as a motif with broad applications for a variety of disciplines from fashion, to graphics, typography and space design.
- Isolated or in a crowd, black and white or in colour, indistinct or in sharp focus, the multiplicity of effects are endless.
- Spanning the globe, Dotted Visuals selects the most innovative work of recent years featuring the humble polka dot in the fields of art, design and fashion.