Fear and Love: Reactions to a Complex World
- Fear and Love: Reactions to a Complex Worldis the official catalogue that accompanies the opening exhibition of the new Design Museum. It is essentially a book about what design means today.
- We know that design shapes the world around us, but Fear and Love goes further, arguing that it is implicated in some of the defining issues of our time. In this book, eleven designers from around the world – including OMA, Hussein Chalayan, Kenya Hara and Neri Oxman – explore a spectrum of contemporary themes.
- The result is a diverse portrait of the world that includes sentient robots, networked sexuality, slow fashion and settled nomads. These are explored through the eyes of the designers themselves and through a series of essays by renowned writers and thinkers.
- The result captures the emotionally charged mood of the present and suggests that design is a way of looking at the world, and a way to change it.
- Dimensions: 27 × 20.5cm
- 240 pages
- 200 colour and black & white illustrations