India in Fashion
- This intoxicating and visually rich volume features wriring by experts on fashion and textiles from India, Europe, and North America.
- This volume features paintings, fashion magazine editorials, and portraits of influential people who have championed Indian style throughout history.
- Archival and contemporary fashion stories include images by photographers such as Henry Clarke in Udaipur in 1967 and Mikael Jansson in Goa with Indian actress Lakshmi Menon in 2011.
- Traditional Indian embroidery techniques; design motifs; and dress forms such as saris, jodhpurs, and turbans are reimagined by renowned designers Elsa Schiaparelli, Pierre Balmain, Zandra Rhodes, Halston, Yves Saint Laurent, Oscar de la Renta, Gianni Versace, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Alexander McQueen, in addition to a wealth of contemporary Indian designers.
- 24 x 30 x 2.5 c. 256 pages.