Samuel Ross: Object - Form. Form!
- British artist, fashion and industrial designer Samuel Ross is best known for his work under his label A-COLD-WALL*, but ever since the multihyphenate unveiled SR_A (Samuel Ross & Associates) back in 2019, there’s been a shift in his practices, tapping into the “progressive study of design and practical experience creation” that dominates his work under the SR_A division
- The book is an anthology of Ross’ work, touching upon his artworks and studies in the worlds of fashion and design frequently while also zoning in on A-COLD-WALL* and its subsequent footwear, garment, and Pre-Fall/Winter 2021 lookbook
- Includes heart-felt letters to Ross written from dear friends and collaborators such as Takashi Murakami, Virgil Abloh, Futura, Daniel Arsham, Hans Ulrich Obrist
- With photography predominantly shot by Oliver Matich spanning dozens of pages, we see design objects such as the project “Signal 3” appear alongside notes of each work, giving us a deeper insight into Ross’ fixation with developing a futurist language through furniture design, all while reflecting on the complex nature of the past and future
- Contributions from the world of fashion come from Grace Wales Bonner, Jerry Lorenzo, Jefferson Hack, Ib Kamara
- Independently published, pressed, and printed in England