Sensory Playground Object - Spinning Top
- Grain vessel series 2021 by artist Zoe Robertson and Dual Works.Recycled plastic hand held sensory and play object by artist Zoe Robertson
- Constructed from salvaged granulated polymer, thermoformed and processed via a combination of plastismith techniques
- Includes ABS plastic and high density engineering foam
- The RE:animate collection explores a fascination with material alchemy and as a plastismith Zoe has been experimenting with salvaged plastic. Remnants of previous works have been granulated and then thermoformed via fusing and pressing into new material. This laminated reformed flat sheet is then vacuumed formed to create three dimensional forms which are finely sanded to penetrate the coloured layers revealing unexpected pattern
- Akin to mokume-gane, this element of surprise is particularly captivating as the unexpected nature defines the visual aesthetic revealing distinctive layered patterns with a diffused painterly effect
Made in the UK
This product has been manufactured in the UK using locally sourced materials, supporting local communities, and reducing its carbon footprint due to a shorter distance to market.