Slogans in Nice Typefaces print
- Slogans (2017) by Oddly Head (aka Tim Fishlock) is the latest addition to a growing body of work that deftly skewers personal and social mores prevalent in today’s fraught state of affairs
- In the artist’s own words, "We’re living in an epoch of demagoguery and debacle. As a result, there is a process of inner migration, an opting out of reality. As a species, we’re running 21st-century software on hardware that hasn’t been updated for 50,000 years and we’re not coping at all well. Have we ever been so vulnerable and so self-absorbed? Against this backdrop, my work is an investigation but also an admission of my own fallibility."
- Acrylic gouache on board
- 3D effect yellow text on a red backdrop with a thick white border
- Special edition of 50, produced for the Design Museum
- Signed by the artist
- Buy tickets to the Hope to Nope exhibition