SALE – Save 20%
Technics SL-1210MK2 Turntable Gradient Poster - 40 x 50cm
- Exclusive to the Design Museum, a 2-colour gradient poster - from green to blue - of the Technics SL-1210MK2 direct drive turntable system
- Limited signed print of 120
- This poster has been created using the split fountain screen printing technique, where two inks are simultaneously pushed through the screen to create a natural colour blend. The results are truly unique each time, giving each poster an individual finish.
- The Technics SL-1200 turntable series was produced between 1972-2010 as a high-fidelity consumer record player but quickly became a favourite among radio stations and DJs because of its direct drive high torque motor design, which made it suitable for push button cueing. The introduction of slip-mats saw the rise of (beat)mixing and scratching amongst DJs, also known as turntablism. The build quality and control over wow and flutter meant the equipment was particularly suitable for use in nightclubs and has become a staple
- With more than 3 million units sold, the SL-1200MK2 and its successors, is widely regarded as one of the most durable and reliable turntables ever produced with many of the models manufactured in the 1970s still in heavy use
- Frame not included