Wooden Doll No.12
- Alexander Girard created this charming cohort of partly joyful, partly grim-looking dolls to decorate his home in Santa Fe.
- Vitra have lovingly reproduced a collection of dolls based on originals found in the Girard Estate.
- Originally intended for personal use, the dolls are now part of the Vitra Design Museum Collection.
- Alexander Girard was one of the decisive figures in post-War American design.
- The focus of his broad oeuvre was on textile design, and a key source of inspiration for him was his passion for the popular art of South America, Asia and East Europe.