Why Fashion Matters
- Fashion is the most immediate and intimate form of self-expression. Faster than anything else, what we wear tells the story of who we are - or who we want to be. Yet even as fashion touches the lives of each and every one of us, it can seem mysterious
- Who better to guide readers into the dizzying world of fashion than Frances Corner, Head of London College of Fashion and a leading expert on this rapidly expanding, increasingly global, always exciting industry?
- In 101 provocative entries Corner teases out the glorious intricacies and contradictions of an industry that simultaneously values technology and craft, timeless style and fast fashion, the bespoke and the mass-market, consumption and sustainability, cold-hard numbers and creative expression
- From `Karl Lagerfeld and High-Tech Fur' to `The White Shirt' to `The One Trillion Dollar Business', each entry offers a unique avenue into fashion and its impact, both positive and negative, on lives around the globe
- Accessible, instructive and hugely enjoyable, this book will be essential reading for anyone involved in fashion, business, education and beyond